Bean bags are a great addition to your furnishings at home or the office. They are comfortable, trendy and very versatile. Bean bag chairs are designed to equip nearly any room in houses and apartments. They are ideal for use in family rooms, playrooms, the den, bedrooms and basements.
The best bean bags are significantly soft and comfortable. They offer a great spot in order for users to rest and wind down. It is a nice area to read, watch your favorite television shows and more. The best quality products can even allow you to work with ease while seated.
These items are designed to be lightweight so they are easy to move around to any spot all over the house. For example, if you have friends over and you want to play board games or watch movies, you can sit on bean bags so you can gather closer to the table. They are also more affordable compared to chair sets and regular furniture, plus you won’t have to spend more money on replacement furniture.
Bean bag chairs come in a wide variety of designs, patterns and material so you can pick ones that will fully complement your home décor. They are quite ornamental with their designs and colors so they add plenty of pep and style to any room. The items are also a breeze to replace so you can clean them if required and change covers. Furthermore, they can also serve as a handy footrest as an accompaniment to your couch or easy chair.
Choosing the Best Bean Bag Chair
There is a wide range of bean bag chairs available in the market now and they differ in terms of designs, sizes, shapes, colors, patterns and prices. Due to the sheer availability, it can be hard choosing one that will readily fit your needs, particularly if you are new to this type of furniture. Luckily, we have provided a neat, convenient guide for buying the best bean bag chairs. Here are some of the things you have to remember when buying one.
Consider the material
Bean bags come in a good selection of fabrics. One of the most common fabrics used in the design and manufacture of bean bag chairs is vinyl. There are people though who are not fond of using the material because it feels sticky and hot during in warmer seasons like summer. However, vinyl is easy to clean and maintain, which is a good benefit of the fabric.
When it comes to choosing vinyl bean bags, you have to make sure that the material’s ink is free from lead. There are also bean bags that come in microfiber, cotton, leather, fur and denim material. When picking fabrics, check out a model that includes a liner too so the cover can be taken away and washed every now and then.
Whether you get a vinyl or cotton model, you have to make sure that the material is high in terms of quality. The material should be lead-free and must be capable of preventing wear and tear due to frequent use. The chair carries the weight of the user hence the material should be sturdy enough.
Double stitching is also something you have to look for in bean bags since it provides extra strength to the product and will help prevent leaks. The zippers of the item should be lock-ready to guarantee the safety of kid users. Lockable zippers mean the bag will not be opened by children. If you want, you can go for double-zippered ones.
Determine the size you prefer
Go for a model that best fits your requirements and preferences. Those with a pear-shaped form are appreciated by many since they are capable of offering back support for tall individuals. This kind of bean bag can also cover the body more. Models with pancake-like shapes are good for two users and will serve ideally as a lounge-style furniture. There are also models made for kids and teens; though smaller, they are designed in a manner that it will accommodate smaller bodies. Remember to take in the measurements and shape of the item before making a decision.
Check out the filling/stuffing
Quality polystyrene beads are ideal fillings for bean bag chairs, according to experts. In case you want something that will provide excellent support and at the same time, offer comfort, you should go for this kind. They are soft yet still provide comfort and are capable of tolerating plenty of compression without ruining their form. It is also important to consider polystyrene fill that is fire-retardant or follows flammability specifications.
Go over its design
One of the best things about bean bag chairs is that they are available in a great range of designs yet still come with affordable prices. One can pick any model with a fabric and design that they need. There are even companies who are willing to produce custom designs for their customers for a fee. If you are building or designing the interior of a room, you can base the overall design and feel of the room on the pattern of the bean bag. The huge advantage of custom designs is that you are free to choose the pattern you want.
Bean Bag Chair Cleanup and Maintenance
Sooner or later, your bean bag chair will lose its brand-new appearance due to frequent usage. In order to maintain its great looks and form, you have to clean the item every once in a while. Here are some of the steps you can do in order to clean your bean bags properly.
Cleaning Bean Bags with Cloth Covers
- Start by gathering the items you need. You will need a big bag or any sizable container in order to hold the fill. You will also need some soft cloths, a stain remover and laundry detergent.
- Open the zipper of the bean bag carefully and take away the fill. Place the beans in the big bag to keep them as you do the washing.
- If you have pets at home, check the item first for signs of pet hair. If the chairs have them, take the item outside the house and shake the pet hair off of the bean bag. For faster results, you can also use a vacuum cleaner with an attachment on it.
- Examine the bean bag for signs of fraying or other kinds of damage. If it displays some damage, make sure to patch it up as soon as possible before cleaning. Those holes might get larger if you fail to cover them up.
- To take away stains, you can always make use of stain removing agents on it. Almost all stain removers work excellently on bean bags chairs.
- Put the cover in the washing machine and refer to the care instructions on its label. Follow those suggestions to prevent damage on the item. There are models though that do not include instructions so it is suggested that you wash the item with a bleach-free, mild laundry detergent in cool water.
- To further remove all detergent on the chair, make sure to run an additional rinse cycle.
- Hang the bean bag to dry and allow it to dry completely before use. Then again, if the product comes with a guide, make sure to refer to the guide if the chair can be machine-dried.
- As soon as the bag is dry, refill it with the beans. Refills for bean bag chairs are now easily obtainable.
Cleaning Bean Bags with a Vinyl Cover
- For this step, you have to gather a big bag to keep the beans, soft cloths or a sponge, gentle laundry detergent, a stain remover, water and a bucket.
- Take out the fill and keep it in a big bag until you are done with the wash.
- Spread the bag until it is laid out flat so you can readily clean all areas.
- Take the bucket and fill it with warm water. Add a tiny quantity of the laundry detergent. If you want to get rid of odors, you can add vinegar to the mix. Stir the mix until it forms suds.
- Dampen a clean cloth or sponge with the mixture. Clean all spots that display stains or dirt.
- Rinse the bag carefully and meticulously with a clean cloth and water.
- Let the surface of the bean bag dry carefully. If you added vinegar to the detergent mix, keep in mind that the smell will vanish after a day or two.
Taking Away Odors from the Fill
- For this step, you will need a big bin, some baking soda or some sachets with odor-absorbing materials like activated charcoal or coffee grounds. To make the sachets, use a cheesecloth, fill the cloth with the activated charcoal or coffee grounds then tie them up with a string.
- One way of getting rid of odor is to air the item out completely. Put the fill in a big bin and let it settle in the fresh air outside for a few days until the odor vanishes.
- You can also dust baking soda on the fill or beans, stir them all over and let the baking soda absorb all the bad smells. Keep in mind that you cannot wash the fill but you can still take away bad odors by merely using baking soda and other materials.
- Another method is to make use of those sachets that were mentioned earlier. Just throw a few sachets in the bin and mix the bin every so often in order to allocate exposure to the other fill or beans. Take away the sachets prior to changing the fill in the bean bag.
- If for example the odor remains on the fill, you can instead opt to buy new ones. You can buy refills on physical stores or purchase bags of it online.
|Oversized Solid Navy Blue Bean Bag Chair||$$||4.4/5|
|Sofa Sack – Bean Bags Bean Bag Chair||$$$||4.7/5|
|Chill Sack Bean Bag Chair, Giant Memory Foam Furniture Bags||$$$||4.3/5|
|Big Joe Original Bean Bag Chair||$||4.0/5|
|Small Solid Navy Blue Kids Bean Bag Chair||$$||4.2/5|
|Big Joe Bean Bagimal, Cloe the Cow||$||4.0/5|
|Small Solid Green Kids Bean Bag Chair||$||4.2/5|
|Oversized Bean Bag Chair in Steel Grey||$$||4.4/5|
|27″ Patterned Bean Bag for Teens Adults & Children||$||4.0/5|
|Jaxx 6 Foot Cocoon – Large Bean Bag Chair for Adults||$$$||4.6/5|
5 Recommended Bean Bags
Now that we are finished with all the crucial information you need to know about the best bean bags. We now offer you a list of effective products in the business. These are items that have garnered positive buzz from customers. Read on and choose the options that you find will fit your needs the most.
Flash Furniture Oversized Solid Navy Blue Bean Bag Chair
The Oversized Solid Navy Blue Bean Bag Chair by Flash Furniture features a comfortable and lightweight design that comes with quality cotton twill upholstery. For those who are not into the vinyl material, this kind of fabric is recommended. Chances of slipping while seated on the chair are naught.
Plus it is easy to clean—you can spot clean the item with a moist cloth in case of spills. The item is machine-washable and includes a removable slip cover. For added security, it comes it a safety metal zipper to contain all fill or beads.
- Comes with excellent cotton twill fabric
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Can be washed in the washing machine
- Comes with safety metal zipper
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Size and filling might not be enough for some consumers
- Cotton material has a tendency to absorb stains faster
Sofa Sack Bean Bags Bean Bag Chair
Sofa Sack Bean Bags and their Bean Bag Chair is a stylish piece of furniture that is a welcome addition to your home. The model is lightweight and provides great comfort for users. It also serves as a nice ornamental fixture that will easily offer style and substance to most rooms in your house or apartment.
The product comes with a soft and sturdy fabric and it is filled with quality memory foam. It is ideal for use in entertainment rooms, family rooms, bedrooms or the basement. The model also comes in a nice variety of colors and sizes too. For added strength, it comes with double stitching to further protect the fill and prevent it from leaking.
- Comes with ultra-soft yet sturdy cover
- Has double-stitched seams
- Has furniture-grade memory foam
- Made in the US
- Zipper is bound rather too tightly
Chill Bag Bean Bags
Bean bags like those from Chill Bean Bags come with an ultra-soft, micro suede material that can be removed easily and washed without hassle. It also features a sturdy liner that includes a child safety zipper. The chair has a quality, furniture-grade memory foam blend for that comfortable yet comfy feel. It can be used at home or in your office, being a very versatile product.
This is an advanced product which is made without the presence of beans but compressed foam. It is quite lightweight so moving it from one place to another is never a bother. Its outer cover is made of micro-suede with stain-resistant properties and the fabric is machine-washable for easier maintenance.
- Has soft, plush micro-suede material
- Comes with stain-resistant technology
- Includes sturdy liner
- Has child safety zipper
- Includes furniture-quality compressed foam
- Made in the US
- Size might be too big for other people
Big Joe Original Bean Bag Chair
Bean bags like the Big Joe Original Bean Bag Chair are more than ready to dress up your living space. They are a nice addition to your kid’s bedroom and it also goes well with other rooms in the house like the family room, play room or the entertainment room. They provide comfort, are easy to move around and can serve as additional seating.
The Original Bean Bag Chair is composed of Smartmax fabric, which is a sturdy, stain-resistant and water-resistant material. It comes with a cover that features double stitching for strength plus two safety lock zippers for added security. The bean bag is filled with UltimaX beans that faithfully conform to the body of the user as well.
- Comes with stain and water-resistant SmartMax fabric
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Comes with double-stitched covers
- Includes 2, not one safety locking zippers to keep beans
- Sturdy and durable
- Includes UltimaX beans for the ultimate in comfort
- Made in the US
- Has chemical smell upon opening package
Flash Furniture Small Solid Navy Blue Kids Bean Bag Chair
Flash Furniture’s Small Solid Navy Blue Kids Bean Bag Chair offer children more than just a place to sit. It provides fun, comfort and style to playrooms and bedrooms. This is an exciting item to buy for your children due to its cuddly, plump and unique appearance. The model is made with a portable and lightweight design that makes moving the item easy from any spot in the room.
It comes with cotton twill upholstery and it can be spot-cleaned with a moist, clean cloth. The product also includes a machine-washable, detachable slip cover to make cleanup and maintenance easier for parents. If your kids want a bean bag chair that will fit their needs, this one might be up your alley.
- Comes with a soft, durable and comfortable design for kids
- Has quality cotton twill material
- Lightweight for better mobility
- Ideal for children’s bedrooms and playrooms
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Has mediocre-quality zipper
Bean bags are not only functional, they are also highly decorative pieces. Their cuddly and cute appearances have endeared the products to people of varying ages. Not only that, these pieces provide comfort and a spot where users can relax as they watch TV or read a favorite book. By remembering all of the essentials mentioned in this handy guide, you will determine the kind of bean bag you need.